35mm DIN Rail
35mm DIN Rail
A DIN rail or top-hat rail is a standardized 35 mm wide metal rail with a hat-shaped cross-section. It is suitable for mounting circuit breakers and industrial control equipment inside equipment racks. It makes installing or removing terminal blocks and other devices quick and easy. In steel or aluminum, It is available in a variety of widths and heights that meet international standards. It brackets are straight or angled to tilt and/or raise rails for easy wiring. Mounting clips attach to small devices for easy installation on 35mm DIN rails.
In addition to the popular 35 mm x 7.5 mm top-hat rail (EN 50022, BS 5584, DIN 46277-3), several less widely used types of mounting rails have been standardized.
- Miniature top-hat, 15 mm x 5.5 mm (EN 50045, BS 6273, DIN 46277-2);
- 7.5 mm wide top-hat rail (EN 50023, BS 5585);
- G-type (EN 50035, BS 5825, DIN 46277-1).
How to order
1. What is DIN Rail and what is its purpose in electrical installations?
DIN Rail is a standardized metal rail used to mount and support electrical devices and components in control panels and electrical enclosures. Its purpose is to provide a modular and organized platform for easy installation, maintenance, and flexibility in electrical systems.
2. What are the dimensions and specifications of a standard 35mm DIN Rail?
It adheres to the dimensions specified in the DIN EN 60715 standard. It has a width of 35mm, a height of 7.5mm, and a length that can vary depending on the installation requirements.
3. What materials are commonly used to manufacture 35mm DIN Rails?
They are typically made from high-quality metals such as steel or aluminum. Steel DIN Rails offer robustness and durability, while aluminum DIN Rails provide lightweight and corrosion-resistant options.
4. What are the benefits of using a 35mm DIN Rail in electrical panel installations?
It offers several benefits, including easy mounting of components, efficient use of space, standardized installation procedures, simplified wiring and maintenance, and compatibility with a wide range of electrical devices.
5. Can a 35mm DIN Rail support heavy electrical components?
Yes, it’s designed to support various electrical components, including heavy devices such as power supplies, circuit breakers, contactors, relays, and terminal blocks. However, it is important to consider the load capacity and choose appropriate mounting accessories for secure installation.
6. How do I mount electrical devices onto a 35mm DIN Rail?
Mounting electrical devices onto it is typically achieved by using mounting clips or snap-on fasteners specifically designed for DIN Rail installations. These accessories securely hold the devices in place, ensuring proper alignment and electrical connections.
7. Are there different types of 35mm DIN Rails available for specific applications?
Yes, there are variations available to accommodate specific application needs. For example, slotted DIN Rails provide flexibility for adjustable component positioning, while perforated DIN Rails offer enhanced ventilation for heat dissipation.
8. Can a 35mm DIN Rail be customized or cut to specific lengths?
Yes, they can be customized or cut to specific lengths using appropriate cutting tools and techniques. This allows for precise fitting and adaptation to the available space in the electrical enclosure or control panel.
9. What are the international standards governing the design and specifications of 35mm DIN Rails?
The design and specifications are governed by international standards such as DIN EN 60715 and IEC 60715. These standards ensure consistency, compatibility, and interchangeability of DIN Rail-based components worldwide.
10. Where can I find compatible accessories and components for 35mm DIN Rail installations?
Langir offers a wide range of compatible accessories and components for the installations, including terminal blocks, mounting clips, end brackets, support brackets, grounding terminals, and labeling solutions. These products ensure seamless integration and efficient utilization of DIN Rail systems.